About three hours before the clock struck 12:00 am on the first day of 2020, I sat down to write my travel bucket list ideas for 2020. To be completely honest, it was the second draft of the list. My first travel bucket list ideas had seen the light of my computer screen a few days ago, just before my laptop broke down. To make things worse, I hadn’t backed it up. Therefore, the list was alive only in my head. After taking my laptop to Apple store, I didn’t have anything else to do like rewrite those travel bucket list ideas for 2020.
However, creating a new list, I got carried away and kept adding items after items. So, the initial 12 item list (one item per month) slowly turned into 20+ bucket list goals. With such speed it was going to exceed 50 items mark in no time. But I stopped myself. Examined the list one more time, I stuck to the initial 12 travel bucket list ideas for 2020. With less ideas, you don’t overwhelm yourself. Furthermore, there are greater chances to tick off majority if not all items on your travel bucket list. To top it off, exploring a new destination per month sounds like a pretty good plan. Therefore, there are 12 of my travel bucket list ideas for 2020. (Let’s see how many of them I can check off.) Hopefully, you’ll find them inspiring and useful as well.
HERE ARE 12 TRAVEL BUCKET LIST IDEAS FOR 2020:
- See the aurora borealis/the northern lights.
- Road trip through New Zealand.
- Explore more of your backyard be it a city, state, or country. For all my fellow Americans who love nature, Oregon seems like a really good travel bucket list idea.
- Visit a place you’ve never heard of. It doesn’t matter how you learn about it through social media or TV news, or even just randomly selecting it on the map, just do it. But make sure safety goes first.
- Get splashed at Niagara Falls.
- See cherry blossom in Japan. Calculate your time of visit accordingly for this bucket list idea. The cherry blossom season usually takes place in April.
- Walk the Great Wall of China.
- Take a gondola ride in Venice, Italy.
- Drive a classic car in Havana, Cuba.
- Fall in love with stunning views of rice-paddy terraces from Tegalalang Rice Terrace Swing in Bali.
- Explore temples of Bagan in Myanmar.
- Mountain biking in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepal.
Bonus Bucket List for 2020
- Try a cooking class somewhere.
- Go scuba diving.
- Learn one foreign language.
- Take Thai massage classes.
- Read at least one travel book.