One of the most recognizable national parks in the US, Yosemite impresses with its natural beauty. Moreover, variety of things to do is another reason to explore this jewel. And it makes a visit to Yosemite National Park the ultimate California adventure.
20 Photos to Inspire you to Visit Yosemite
Yosemite National Park is almost synonymous with California. Besides Los Angeles and the Hollywood, a visit to the Golden State barely goes without a stop at Yosemite. Therefore, it doesn’t come as a surprise that frequent visitors define the park as the ultimate playground. With the abundance of trails, waterfalls, and towering granite monoliths, I find it hard not to agree with it. On top of that, you can visit Yosemite National Park any time of the year and never be disappointed. Be it a summer trip or snowy winter escapade, the weather never diminishes the excitement of visiting Yosemite. The park is spectacular during any season.
10 Interesting Facts about Yosemite
- Yosemite became a national park on October 1, 1890, which makes it the third oldest national park in the US.
- The natural beauty of Yosemite got attention of Galen Clark, the country’s first park guardian.
- Those who visit Yosemite National Park in February can spot the glow of Horsetail Fall. In the evenings the sun hits the water making it look like it got on fire.
- Yosemite National Park is a birth place of rock climbing for sport.
- Yosemite is home to over 400 species of animals including 90 different mammal species such as black bears, coyotes, gophers.
- The highlight of any visit to Yosemite National Park is Yosemite Falls, the talent waterfall in North America.
- Yosemite is one of a few places in the US where you can spot a rainbow at night, also called lunar rainbows or moonbows.
- In 1984 Yosemite was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The name “Yosemite” means “killer” in Miwok, the language of Native Americans.
- Of California’s 7000 plant species, more than 20% occur within Yosemite.
20 Photos to Inspire you to Visit Yosemite National Park