There are places that charm you from the moment you look at them. Some cities take time before winning your heart. And there is Zurich that is both and that is the place you definitely want to visit. This city in northern Switzerland is like a good wine that gets better with time. In Zurich’s case though, it gets better with every minute you spend here. From medieval streets of the Old Town to busy modern districts and mixture of international cuisines of Langstrasse (I wouldn’t recommend to wander here late at night though), Zurich unveils itself one place at a time. This picture-perfect city inspires many photographers and artists. And while you don’t need to be neither one of them, I hope these 20 photos will inspire you to visit Zurich at least once.
Things to Know about Zurich
- Zurich is a global center for banking and finance and the largest city in Switzerland. Despite such high ranking, it’s not the capital of the country. This privilege belongs to Bern, the de facto capital of Switzerland.
Read more: Tribute to Switzerland and Things to Know before Visiting Switzerland
- Zurich wasn’t always called Zurich. The Romans founded the city in 15 BC and gave it the name of Turicum.
- German is the official language of Zurich. However, the majority of people speak Zurich German, a variation of the Alemannic Swiss German.
- St. Peter’s Church in the Old Town of Zurich boasts the largest church clock face in Europe.
- Zurich is considered as one of the best cities to live in. Given that Zurich ensures one in every nine jobs in Switzerland, it’s regarded as one of the cities with the best quality of life in the world. And this is definitely one of the good reasons to visit Zurich.
That being said, it’s time to share some of the pictures to inspire you to visit Zurich.
20 Photos to Inspire You to Visit Zurich
I was in Zurich 5 years ago and these photos have brought back so many memories. It’s such a beautiful city!
Yes, it is. I sort of had high expectations before visiting it. But Zurich exceeded all of them.